Mini Vial of Turquoise Crushed Opal
Material Type: Lab Created Turquoise Crushed Opal & Glass Vial with Cork
Unit of Measurement: Grams
Grain Size: Medium (0.5mm to 2mm Stones) & Fine (1.5mm and smaller)
Quantity: 1 Gram, 3 Gram, & 5 Gram Options
Material Information: 80% silica & 20% resin
Heat Resistance: Up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit
MOHS Hardness: 4
Why choose a Vial?
The glass vial makes it easy to hold and handle. Allowing you to have more control of how much crushed opal is being used at a time. Try our vials for your next inlay project or craft!
PRIMARY COLOR: Turquoise
SECONDARY COLORS: Blue, Green, Yellow
Turquoise Ocean Crushed Opal is opaque with blue to green shades, almost mirroring the prized turquoise gemstone. This color is like nothing else in nature it will bring that iconic look to your next project.
What is Turquoise Ocean Crushed Opal?
Turquoise Crushed Opal is a synthetic lab-made material that consists of Silica and Polymer rather than hydrated silica (natural opal). The polymer stabilizes our opal which in turn makes it easier for jewelry making. You will experience less cracking and crazing that can be detrimental when using natural opal in jewelry. By using a polymer it also creates a slightly softer product making it superior for turning and cabbing. Our crushed opal does not fall victim to color fading and is resistant to chemicals such as acetone and alcohol.
Crushed Opal takes around one year to grow in a controlled environment. This is a complex process of layering to create the unique color patterns. The first form of synthetic opal is a rough cut of stone. This rough cut synthetic stone is then crushed down and sifted into the desired stone sizes. After our testing we determined the perfect stone sizes to offer; Large, Medium, Fine, and Powder forms.
Our photos are representing our crushed opal by what it will look like "wet" or when added to your project. Adding an adhesive, glue, resin, nail polish, and/or etc. to our opal brings it to life. Opal will look best in natural lighting or once added to your project. The crushing process may make the stone pieces appear less colorful to the naked human eye but do not be fouled; this product comes to life once in use. Fine sized can look lighter in color due to the crushing process, but once again will brighten up with use. Our Crushed Opal may not be as vibrant until in use. Please try our products in your project for best color results. *Color on your screen can appear differently from device to device, please keep this in mind.
Please keep in mind that the material can only withstand heat up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Please proceed at your own risk.
Click Here to learn more about how lab opal is made...
Packaging, Pricing, Sizing, and Quantities:
- Crushed Opal will be packaged in a small glass vial with bubble wrap for protection
- 1 Gram of Medium Starting at USD $10.00
- 3 Grams of Medium Starting at USD $23.60 - 21% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Medium Starting at USD $36.00 - 27% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 1 Gram of Fine Starting at USD $11.00
- 3 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $26.30 - 20% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $40.25 - 26% Off Single Gram Pricing
Sizing & Quantities:
- THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD BY THE GRAM
- One gram of crushed opal roughly fills a space of 1.5" X 1.5" X 0.5-1mm
- Grain Size - Medium Size: 0.5mm to 2mm Stones Fine Size: 1.5mm and smaller
Add water to the vial for display
Cabinet of Curiosities
Wire wrap the vial and create a necklace
The Uses Of Crushed Opal:
Processing Times & Shipping Offers:
- Processing Times: 1-2 Business Days *Unless otherwise specified
- US orders over $35 are eligible for Free First Class USPS Shipping (estimated 3-5 business days)
- US orders over $100 are eligible for Free Priority Flat Rate Shipping (estimated 1-3 business days)
Read our FAQ
Check out our other products and deals! 10G Turquoise or Odyssey Crushed Opal
Click Here to learn how to make a crushed opal vial necklace...
Click Here to learn how to make a crushed opal ring...
Please contact us with any questions or special requests (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube!