Moonstone Crushed Opal
Material Type: Lab Created Moonstone Crushed Opal
Unit of Measurement: Grams
Grain Size: Large (1.5-3mm Stones), Medium (0.5mm to 2mm Stones), & Fine (1.5mm and smaller)
Quantity: 1 Gram, 3 Gram, & 5 Gram Options
Material Information: 80% silica & 20% resin
Heat Resistance: Up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit
MOHS Hardness: 4
PRIMARY COLOR: Smokey Grey, Blue
SECONDARY COLORS: Red, Yellow, Green
This Moonstone opal pulls it’s inspiration from the vast unknown. As if a moon and a comet perfectly combined together in a kaleidoscope explosion. The grey and blue tones cast a moonbeam over the brightest rainbow imaginable. This magnification of color seems to create its only galaxy of pigments.
What is Moonstone Crushed Opal?
Moonstone Crushed Opal is a synthetic lab-made material that consists of Silica and Polymer rather than hydrated silica (natural opal). The polymer stabilizes our opal which in turn makes it easier for jewelry making. You will experience less cracking and crazing that can be detrimental when using natural opal in jewelry. By using a polymer it also creates a slightly softer product making it superior for turning and cabbing. Our crushed opal does not fall victim to color fading and is resistant to chemicals such as acetone and alcohol.
Please keep in mind that the material can only withstand heat up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crushed Opal takes around one year to grow in a controlled environment. This is a complex process of layering to create the unique color patterns. The first form of synthetic opal is a rough cut of stone. This rough cut synthetic stone is then crushed down and sifted into the desired stone sizes. After our testing we determined the perfect stone sizes to offer; Large, Medium, Fine, and Powder forms.
Our crushed opal is weighted to be like natural stone, unlike a lot of glitters. Glitter is almost weightless, where our products are of a much higher quality than glitter.
Our photos are representing our crushed opal by what it will look like "wet" or when added to your project. Adding an adhesive, glue, resin, nail polish, and/or etc. to our opal brings it to life. Opal will look best in natural lighting or once added to your project. The crushing process may make the stone pieces appear less colorful to the naked human eye but do not be fouled; this product comes to life once in use. Fine sized can look lighter in color due to the crushing process, but once again will brighten up with use. Our Crushed Opal may not be as vibrant until in use. Please try our products in your project for best color results. *Color on your screen can appear differently from device to device, please keep this in mind.
Packaging, Pricing, Sizing and Quantities:
- Crushed Opal will be packaged in a small resealable bag
- 1 Gram of Large/Medium Starting at USD $8.00
- 3 Grams of Large/Medium Starting at USD $21.60 - 10% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Large/Medium Starting at USD $34.00 - 15% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 1 Gram of Fine Starting at USD $9.00
- 3 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $24.30 - 10% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $38.25 - 15% Off Single Gram Pricing
Sizing & Quantities:
- THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD BY THE GRAM
- One gram of crushed opal roughly fills a space of 1.5" X 1.5" X 0.5-1mm
- Grain Size - Large Size: 1.5mm-3mm Stones Medium Size: 0.5mm to 2mm Stones Fine Size: 1.5mm and smaller
The Uses Of Crushed Opal:
- Casting Projects
- Jewelry/Ring Making
- Nail Art
- Other Inlay Projects
- Pen Turning
- Resin Art
Processing Times & Shipping Offers:
- Processing Times: 1-2 Business Days *Unless otherwise specified
- US orders over $35 are eligible for Free First Class USPS Shipping (estimated 3-5 business days)
- US orders over $100 are eligible for Free Priority Flat Rate Shipping (estimated 1-3 business days)
Read our FAQ
Please reach out to our support email with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)