Tangerine Crushed Opal
Material Type: Lab Created Tangerine Crushed Opal
Unit of Measurement: Grams
Grain Size: Medium (0.5mm to 2mm Stones) & Fine (1.5mm and smaller)
Quantity: 1 Gram, 3 Gram, 5 Gram, & 10 Gram Options
Material Information: 80% silica & 20% resin
Heat Resistance: Up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit
MOHS Hardness: 4
Our Crushed Opal is perfectly formulated to be strong for inlay and jewelry making! Crushed Opal is very diverse and can be used for many types of projects. From ring making to resin art, our crushed opal will bring a new level of brilliance to your craft projects. Click Here to see our collection of 50+ Crushed Opal colors...
PRIMARY COLOR: Orange
SECONDARY COLORS: Orange, Yellow
Tangerine Crushed Opal is so vibrant it looks as if it just sprouted from the Earth. This crushed gemstone bursts with neon shades of orange highlighted with drops of yellow. This citrus gem will squeeze its way into your craft projects.
What is Tangerine Crushed Opal?
Tangerine Crushed Opal is a synthetic lab-made material that consists of Silica and Polymer rather than hydrated silica (natural opal). The polymer stabilizes our opal which in turn makes it easier for jewelry making. You will experience less cracking and crazing that can be detrimental when using natural opal in jewelry. By using a polymer it also creates a slightly softer product making it superior for turning and cabbing. Our crushed opal does not fall victim to color fading and is resistant to chemicals such as acetone and alcohol.
Crushed Opal takes around one year to grow in a controlled environment. This is a complex process of layering to create the unique color patterns. The first form of synthetic opal is a rough cut of stone. This rough cut synthetic stone is then crushed down and sifted into the desired stone sizes. After our testing we determined the perfect stone sizes to offer; Large, Medium, Fine, and Powder forms.
Our photos are representing our crushed opal by what it will look like "wet" or when added to your project. Adding an adhesive, glue, resin, nail polish, and/or etc. to our opal brings it to life. Opal will look best in natural lighting or once added to your project. The crushing process may make the stone pieces appear less colorful to the naked human eye but do not be fouled; this product comes to life once in use. Fine sized can look lighter in color due to the crushing process, but once again will brighten up with use. Our Crushed Opal may not be as vibrant until in use. Please try our products in your project for best color results. *Color on your screen can appear differently from device to device, please keep this in mind.
Please keep in mind that the material can only withstand heat up to a rough estimate of 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Please proceed at your own risk.
Click Here to learn more about how lab opal is made..
Why is Our Crushed Opal Transparent?
The transparent nature of our crushed opal allows the inlay material to be color shifting. This means that every color of crushed opal has a base color and a secondary color that can be visible depending on how you use the product. We suggest painting the inlay space before placing the stones because this will allow you to control the color play. If you want a rich and great looking inlay, try painting the inlay space black. If you want to bring out the base color or secondary colors, try painting the inlay space with a similar color.
Click Here to learn more about how to achieve the best results with crushed opal...
Packaging, Pricing, Sizing and Quantities:
- Crushed Opal will be packaged in a small resealable bag
- 1 Gram of Medium Starting at USD $8.00
- 3 Grams of Medium Starting at USD $21.60 - 10% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Medium Starting at USD $34.00 - 15% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 10 Grams of Medium Starting at USD $64.00 - 20% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 1 Gram of Fine Starting at USD $9.00
- 3 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $24.30 - 10% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 5 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $38.25 - 15% Off Single Gram Pricing
- 10 Grams of Fine Starting at USD $72.00 - 20% Off Single Gram Pricing
Sizing & Quantities:
- THIS PRODUCT IS SOLD BY THE GRAM
- One gram of crushed opal roughly fills a space of 1.5" X 1.5" X 0.5-1mm
- Grain Size - Medium Size: 0.5mm to 2mm Stones Fine Size: 1.5mm and smaller
The Uses Of Crushed Opal:
Other Inlay Projects
Processing Times & Shipping Offers:
- Processing Times: 1-2 Business Days *Unless otherwise specified
- US orders over $35 are eligible for Free First Class USPS Shipping (estimated 3-5 business days)
- US orders over $100 are eligible for Free Priority Flat Rate Shipping (estimated 1-3 business days)
Read our FAQ
Click Here to learn how to make crushed opal resin jewelry...
Please reach out to our support email with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)